Saturday, January 2, 2010

Spinach Dip



The other day I was wanting to make a Spinach Dip. I looked online to find a recipe, but I did not like what I found so I made up my own recipe. I think it turned out pretty well here is the recipe...
Ingredients:
1 (12oz) bag chopped spinach
1/2 chopped onion
2 (8oz) packs cream cheese
1 (16oz) container sour cream
1(2cup) bag italian bend or mexican blend shredded (you could also do a mixture of both)
for taste a few chopped jalapenos.
Combine the cream cheese and the sour cream together in a bowl.
In a separate bowl, squeeze the water out of the spinach.
Combine the cream cheese, sour cream, and the spinach together.
Saute the onion and the jalapenos, and then, mix them in with the spinach, sour cream, and cream cheese. Mix in about half the bag of shredded cheese. Put the mixture in an oven safe dish.
Top the dish with the remainder of the shredded cheese.
Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until the cheese is melted and golden brown.
Let cool and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. It is actually better when you use ricotta cheese!

    ReplyDelete